The Ministry of Education (MoE) is responsible for managing and administering the schools and various government-funded educational institutions in Singapore. The MoE plays a pivotal supervisory and advisory role for private schools in Singapore.
Singapore is a vibrant cosmopolitan nation with an outstanding educational system, offering many opportunities for international students. By opting to study in Singapore, international students get a chance to be a part of a global community and an education system that encourages excellence.
· As per the Deloitte 2013 Global Manufacturing Competitiveness Index, Singapore was ranked as having the best math and science education for secondary school institutions.
· The National University of Singapore (NUS) is the world’s 8th best university and the first in Asia to come into the top 10 ranking of the 2013 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings by subjects. The Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is at the 17th spot in Asia’s top university ranking.
· Singapore holds the best environment, facilities and infrastructure available for citizens to enjoy a sound calibre of liveliness, as per the Quality of Living Worldwide City Rankings in the Mercer Survey 2011.
· Singapore is officially bilingual as English is combined with one of 3 mother tongues, i.e., Mandarin, Malay and Tamil.
· Fees for higher education are very low, as the Government heavily subsidizes a considerable percentage of the entire tuition fees, in the form of a tuition grant, for students studying in Singapore universities and polytechnics.
Main Reasons to Study in Singapore
Singapore is hailed as a highly favourable destination to get a competitive degree. The country's beautiful environment and global connections make it an enthralling destination for international students to live, interact and work unitedly.
Hub of Academic Excellence
Singapore is a top-ranking education hub, which provides students an international perspective and variety of options. From an internationally recognized public school system to top notch universities, Singapore provides a comprehensive education system.
Tuition fees are affordable and the cost of living in Singapore is significantly lower than many developed countries. Financial assistance is being provided in the form of scholarships, bursaries and student grants and loans.
Best Infrastructure and Easy Accessibility
Singapore is well connected via sea, air and telecommunications to all regions of the globe. An integrated transport system of air-conditioned bus services, Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) lines and affordable taxis makes it extremely comfortable and cheap to travel in and around Singapore. Students get concession on MRT and public buses.
Global Business Hub
Singapore is consistently recognized to be a global business hub with its developed infrastructure, political stability and open business policy. The World Bank rates it amongst the top countries to do business while the Swiss-based World Economic Forum rates it as having one of the most stable economic systems in the globe. Singapore offers limitless career and networking possibilities to international citizens.
Lively and Cosmopolitan Way of life
Singapore may appear like a little dot on the world map, but bustles all over with attractions and activities. The country's affluent multicultural heritage is highlighted through the several cultural groups such as Indians, Chinese, Malays, and Eurasians living together harmoniously.
source : www.singaporeeducation.info
Universities that we represent: